What to do if You're Involved in a Lyft Accident?
App-based ridesharing is a phenomenon that was unknown in the not too recent past but is highly popular these days in San Jose, CA. Unfortunately, however, the increased popularity and use of these rideshare services such as Lyft bring with it an increased potential for accidents that often cause serious injuries.
People who use apps to hail ridesharing transport services such as Lyft do so in the belief these services are safer, cleaner, and cheaper than regular taxis. They may be, but at The RideApp Attorneys, we routinely represent clients who have been victims of Lyft accidents in the San Jose area.
After a Lyft Accident in San Diego
If you are involved in a Lyft accident, there are a few things you can do, if you are able to, that can help in keeping you away from further harm and help your personal injury claim that may follow if you are seriously injured. Some of these things include the following:
- Get out of the car and move to a safe area if you can do so where you can wait for the police or medical assistance.
- Call 911 or the local police. This will not only get you the medical attention you need, but the police also coming can make the accident scene safer for other drivers who may be distracted and cause accidents of their own. The police report that will be generated can be useful in establishing what happened when that becomes necessary.
- Take photos of the accident scene and, if possible, take video clips of the area and the vehicles involved. If you are not able to because of your injuries, consider asking someone to take the photos or video if possible.
- Get information about the Lyft driver, as well as screenshots of your receipt for the services and the booking details or ride reference number.
- Take other information from the accident scene, such as names and contact information of witnesses. If you are too injured to speak to anyone, the police officers should include this information in their report (though you cannot always count on this).
- If you have not been taken away by an ambulance, go and see a doctor right away to make sure you have not suffered injuries that are not immediately felt or noticed.
- If you get contacted by an insurance adjuster, it would be in your interest to not take the call or politely decline until you have had a chance to speak to an experienced Lyft accident attorney. This is because as nice as they may come across, an insurance adjuster is a trained professional who knows how to get an accident victim to accept the least amount of money or compensation, and that will not be in your interest.
Let Our San Diego Lyft Accident Attorneys Help You
If you have been injured in a Lyft accident in San Jose, contact the Ride App Attorneys today for a free consultation. We assist clients throughout the San Jose area, as well as in San Diego and Los Angeles.
More to Read:
comments powered by Disqus