Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney After A Minor Car Accident?
You might be thinking that a minor scratch off the paint of your car and barely a drop of blood from the car accident are reasons why you don’t need to bother hiring a car accident attorney.
Well, a minor car accident can mean a lot of things where you need to be concerned because the damages might be more than you think. So, what seems to be a minor car accident can turn into a huge legal battle that you will find very challenging to handle on your own.
Here are things you need to consider when it comes to hiring an attorney during a minor car accident.
- When to hire an attorney after a car accident
You should know how important it is to hire an attorney after a car accident to help you handle the motor vehicle accident claim. In fact, you have to do it as soon as possible because it can affect the success of your claim.
Note that when you file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance, the insurer could do the following:
- They might decide that their policyholder is not responsible for the car accident
- They might decide that you were partially liable for the car accident
- They might determine that your claim is covered, but they may lower the value of your claim
Hiring a car accident lawyer after the incident can help you handle all insurance-related issues and take over the case for you.
- Should I get a lawyer for a car accident that wasn't my fault?
It is also important to note that the insurance company of the at-fault driver can trick you into providing statements to lower the value of your claim. That is why it is really important for a car accident attorney to deal with such matters instead of getting duped.
In fact, a car accident attorney can help you achieve the following:
- Intervenes for denied claims
- Steps in when you get blamed for the accident
- Negotiates with the adjuster for undervalued claims
- Reasons to get a lawyer after car accident
Here are possible reasons why you need to hire an attorney after a car accident.
- A car accident attorney protects your interests
- Evaluates your impact and losses
- Collects available evidence
- Negotiates for you
- Helps achieve a positive resolution
- How to settle a car accident claim without a lawyer
You might also be wondering how to settle a minor car accident claim without hiring a car accident attorney. Well, you actually can without the need to hire a car accident attorney. However, the problem is that you can rarely get the compensation that you deserve.
In a tort state like Wisconsin, the insurance of another person will cover you if you are injured even in a minor car accident. However, you need to establish that someone caused the accident before you can recover the damages.
Wisconsin law requires the at-fault person for the car crash to shoulder the damages incurred in the incident. So, it is important that you learn how to keep yourself informed should you need to file a claim for a settlement rather than end up getting less of what you deserve.
comments powered by Disqus