5 Things to Consider Before Hiring a Wrongful Death Attorney
If you are looking to hire a wrongful death attorney, you have likely experienced a tragedy and are grieving the loss of a loved one. This hiring process is not an enjoyable one, but one that must be attended to in order to seek justice. Consider these 5 things before hiring a wrongful death attorney.
- Meet with the lawyers. It is smart to meet with 2 or 3 attorneys in person, in their offices. This will allow you to ask them questions, learn about their qualifications and get to know them as professionals. All attorneys offer something different and you will likely connect with one over the others on a more personal and professional level. Make sure that you feel comfortable with the attorney you choose so that the process is smooth.
- Find out about your attorney’s specific experience. You want to look for a lawyer who has had several wrongful death cases and has a winning track recode for winning his or her cases in the past. You want to know that your attorney is confident, has been through the process several times, and can guide you through the legal situation flawlessly.
- Consider the size f the law firm. Some attorneys will draw clients in with large claims and promises. However, these advertising ploys do not mean you will get a quality, dedicated lawyer. Often these glorified attorneys fall short of client expectations. Sometimes you may not even get to work with the lawyer directly and instead you will be assigned a case manager in the form of a paralegal. Sometimes smaller, more personal firms are the way to go so that you receive the attention and personalization necessary for a wrongful death case.
- Location. Make sure your lawyer is within a reasonable distance from your home. You want to be able to meet with him or her on short notice and not have to trek out to get to the main law office. Convenience is essential to help reduce stress and ensure that you are able to attend all necessary meetings promptly and in a timely fashion.
- Finally, price is an important factor to consider as well when searching for a wrongful death attorney to represent you and your case. Make sure that both you and the attorney are upfront and candid about lawyer fees and pricing. You don’t want to get into the process and find out days later that it is out of your price range. Don’t trap yourself or get sucked in. Be an informed and aware client.
Emotionally, dealing with a wrongful death is a strenuous and painful experience. Reduce adding extra stress and pain by finding a quality lawyer who will guide you through the process of accusing the party involved in the death of your loved one. Utilizing these tips will help you to find a respected, experienced wrongful death attorney such as Reiner & Slaughter, LLP who can help you through the process and provide you and your family with the closure and justice you seek.